In the time of the wireless communication and technology developing at an exceedingly unprecedented pace, is Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) still a relevant discipline? Is it still worthwhile to pursue?
The answer, fortunately, is still yes. NLP is extremely important to human life because no matter how fast technology develops, the tendencies and capacities of humans are still the same.
Our technology might have changed, but that has not changed the way we perceive reality, the world and those around us. It has not changed how we make strategies to attain our goals.
In fact, NLP is even more relevant now because we need to creatively use all our resources and technologies to continually attain our goals. The technology itself would be useless if human creativity is not included in its application.
The technology itself would be useless if human creativity is not included in its application.
Now, here are more specific goals that can be attained with the use of Neuro Lingustic Programming:
1. Speed up your ability to learn new things, regardless of what the new body of knowledge is all about. Your newfound learning ability will also help you deal with change, in whatever form it may come. The change may be in your family or home, in your work or elsewhere. The good news here is that you would be able to adapt more quickly to change because you can learn more quickly, too.
2. Living in this world means you have to be ready for change. And a person’s readiness for change can be measured by the strategies that he uses to deal with change and adapt to different circumstances. With NLP, you will learn how to create new strategies to adapt to a fast-changing world.
3. Many people have many old habits that slow down or choke off completely their ability to grow. The goal of NLP is to identify these old habits and thought patterns and relinquish the person from these bindings, so that he may continue to grow as a person at a faster pace.
4. Receiving feedback from people is often a big problem for many individuals. Many dont like criticism, because criticism is often perceived as completely negative and even injuring to one’s emotions. But did you know that there is a way to transform these so called negative criticisms so you can achieve more success?
5. Social relationships should have quality and should also be beneficial to you and other people. NLP will teach you how to forge these positive, beneficial relationships.
Steve G. Jones, Hypnotherapist to Stars and Founder of the American University of Neuro Linguistic Programming